Animals and nature in their symbiosis has been a point of interest for children since their kindergarten age. Spending time with horses, learning about their growing up, habits and life in a community in general has a very positive and soothing impact on children that creates mutual trust. Therefore, horses become their best friends despite their dominance in terms of the size in comparison to children.
PROGRAMMES FOR KINDERGARTENS
Animals and nature in their symbiosis has been a point of interest for children since their kindergarten age. Children learn and build their own attitudes towards the world that encompasses them through their own personal experiences. Meeting horses as noble and intelligent animals and spending time with them, compiles a quality basis for developing social responsibility, communication, tolerance and respect while acquiring self-confidence. Spending time with horses, learning about their growing up, habits and life in a community in general has a very positive and soothing impact on children that creates mutual trust. Therefore, horses become their best friends despite their dominance in terms of the size in comparison to children.
PACKAGE – I
Basic programme – MEET STUD FARM ĐAKOVO
For children age 6 years and up
Programme Duration: 45 minutes (per location)
Price: 20,00 kn per person (visit to one of the locations of your choice)
Price: 30,00 kn per person (visit to both locations)
The basic programme includes visits to the following locations:
- Stallion station– (in the centre of the Town of Đakovo), Augusta Šenoe 45, 31400 Đakovo
- Ivandvor– (6 km from the centre of the Town of Đakovo – next to the bypass leading to the motorway).
- Stallion station and Ivandvor
LOCATION: STALLION STATION
A walking tour accompanied by a tourist tour guide of the Stud Farm retelling the story about horses, a short story about its history, meeting the life of Lipizanners and horse sports. Horse training and dressage is conducted at this location in the centre of the town.
Visitors accompanied by a tour guide can see:
– horse stables (3 separate stables where horses are situated
– the biggest indoor riding hall in Croatia (approx. 4200 m2),
– outdoor racetrack
– a collection of horse carriages and trophies won at competitions
– a horse promenade
– dressage and horse hurdling terrain
– children’s playground
– visit to a souvenir shop
Ivandvor, a protected cultural asset, was built more than a hundred years ago. Visit to the location by tourist paths accompanied by a tour guide while watching mares, their foals and colts in the surroundings of untouched nature. There are 120 Lipizzan horses at this location.
The visit to the location includes:
- visit to an authentic Slavonian village household (Slavonian crop storage or ambar, a well sweep, a well and a stone oven)
- viewpoint where tourists can enjoy never ending pastures where the stud herd spend their entire days in summer,
- location where the solemn reception of British Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip and Princess Anne during their visit to the Stud Farm Đakovo took place in 1972,
- visitors are allowed to take photographs
- resting spots are ensured on oak benches and in a few gazebos installed along the tourist paths and next to the paddocks
PACKAGE – II
Basic programme MEET STUD FARM ĐAKOVO + educational programme LIPIZZANER – MAN’S FRIEND
For children age 3 and up
Programme Duration: 45 minutes
Price: 40,00 kn per person (visit to Stallion station)
Price: 50,00 kn per person (visit to Stallion station and Ivandvor)
Programme Schedule: to be agreed with the employees of the Tourist Department
FIRST CONTACT WITH LIPIZZANERS
First Contact with Lipizzaners programme incites new emotions and encourages development of children’s senses. The Lipizzaner is a true man’s friend which can be particularly seen with children. Since the children at that age are not yet ready to ride but love horses and want to meet them, this is a programme for them. It will help them make the first contact with a horse, learn basics and feel the warmth of a horse on their palms.
This is a new programme of the National Stud Farm Đakovo where you and your child have a unique experience through spending time together and a direct contact with your new friend.
The programme is conducted under the expert guidance of a trainer.
First Contact with Lipizzaners programme includes:
- Lipizzaners at the Stud Farm Đakovo
- How does a Lipizzan horse look like?
- A working day of a Lipizzaner at the Stud Farm
- How do horses see, hear and show their mood?
- How do horses communicate with children?
- What do Lipizzaners eat and what do they like doing?
- First contact with a Lipizzaner
- visit to a souvenir shop with souvenirs for children (picture books, colour books, school kit, magnets, tags, etc.)
- a team photograph as a souvenir present
For additional fun-seeking groups, we offer a myriad of interesting games and workshops organized by animators who will make sure you have an unforgettable experience here at the Stud Farm Đakovo. Those extra-fun programmes can be added to every tourist package in our offer with prior agreement with our Tourist Department.
Additional programmes we offer are:
- Children’s games outdoors: fun and educational quiz guided by an animator, agility games, team games (sack races, wheelbarrow races, ball races, etc.)
- Creative Workshops: arts workshops, photo workshops, face painting workshops
- Entertainment Activities – Magic Shows with magic tricks, Clown Workshops – a big clown on stilts and a clown with balloons (a balloon modelling workshop)
ANNOUNCE YOUR VISIT
Information and reservations:
tel: 00 385 / 31 / 822 – 535
fax: 00 385 / 31 / 822 – 530
Contact Person: Silvija Butković – Senior Expert Officer for tourism and marketing
Mobile: 00 385 99 / 215 – 2378
Address: Državna ergela Đakovo, Augusta Šenoe 45, 31400 Đakovo, Croatia